Experts agree that sending flirty, dirty messages to your sweetie is a good way to spice things up and keep them fresh in your relationship. But sexting can be intimidating and awkward if you’re not sure where to start.
“People might think, ‘I don’t know what to say’ or ‘I’m not creative,’ but you don’t have to dive in with all these kinky, dirty things,” sex therapist Vanessa Marin explains. “It's true that sexting can make people uneasy, but it doesn’t have to be daunting: It can be playful and silly.”
Marin suggests finding the language you feel comfortable using first and starting slow. If you need some inspiration for what to sext, these examples can help:
- "Send me a pic ASAP" - The urgency of this message shows your partner you need them right that second.
- “Let's finish what we started" - This could refer to a rendezvous that was interrupted or just be a request for round two, but either way it’s a happy reminder of your last meetup.
- "Only you can make me feel this good" - Reminding your partner that they’re talented and special is always a good thing!
- "I want you all to myself tonight" - Who doesn’t like knowing they’re going to be worshiped?
- "Waiting to see you is unbearable" - Sharing that the anticipation is killing you will make your partner hot.
- "Let's try something new tonight" - For when you’re feeling adventurous.
- "Woke up so hungry for you" - So your sweetie will know they’ve been on your mind all day long.
- "Need to feel your breath against my skin" - Describing something specific you want will make them want to give it to you.